At Southlake DPS Training Facility
100 East Dove Road Southlake, TX 76092 Map
P2 Concepts, LLC / 214-631-9116
This course is a 60-hour Basic SWAT School and will provide students with the basic understanding of SWAT tactics and procedures. This course will focus on the basic concepts of SWAT operations, to include: History and philosophy, physical fitness, liability issues, operational planning and deployment, team movements, tactical firearms, chemical agents, less lethal munitions, diversionary devices, hostage operations, vehicle takedowns, high risk warrant service, and barricaded persons.
All tactical related equipment to include, but not limited to, the following: body armor (either soft body armor and a load bearing vest, or a Tactical entry vest with pouches), web gear, ballistic helmet, pro-masks (gas masks), BDU’s, eye and ear protection, light sources, primary and secondary weapons systems (shoulder fired weapon preferably AR-15, MP-5, Mini-14 etc and handgun), 400 rounds for primary weapon, 300 rounds for secondary weapon, and NO ARMOR PIERCING ammunition. Each student must have their own weapons; no sharing of weapons.
- Current LE / Mil / Gov Credentials
- Must show proficiency in firearms with duty pistol and rifle
- Must be in good physical condition
- Must be able to participate in intensive training lasting up to 10 hours per day
- Must not have any medical restrictions
**There will be NO physical fitness test required
Required Training Materials
- Duty gear
- Writing material
- Camelback or other means of hydration
- Appropriate wear (BDU, agency t-shirt (long sleeve or short sleeve), boots, etc.)
**This course is a 60 hour course. All TCOLE hours are reported for credit and a certificate of completion will be provided.