At Southlake DPS Training Facility
100 East Dove Road Southlake, TX 76092 Map
P2 Concepts, LLC / 214-631-9116
This course is a 60-hour Basic SWAT School and will provide students with the basic understanding of SWAT tactics and procedures. This course will focus on the basic concepts of SWAT operations, to include: History and philosophy, physical fitness, liability issues, operational planning and deployment, team movements, tactical firearms, chemical agents, less lethal munitions, diversionary devices, hostage operations, vehicle takedowns, high risk warrant service, and barricaded persons.
Students must be certified peace officers or federal agents. There will be a pass / fail physical fitness assessment on the first day of class. Students failing the physical assessment will not be allowed to remain in the class. The test will consist of the Cooper “Single Cut-Point” standard: 1.5 mile run in 16:28 minutes or better, 300 meter run in 1:11 minutes or better, 25 push-ups in 1 minute, and 29 sit-ups in a 1 minute.
All tactical related equipment to include, but not limited to, the following: body armor (either soft body armor and a load bearing vest, or a Tactical entry vest with pouches), web gear, ballistic helmet, pro-masks (gas masks), BDU’s, eye and ear protection, light sources, primary and secondary weapons systems (shoulder fired weapon preferably AR-15, MP-5, Mini-14 etc and handgun), 400 rounds for primary weapon, 300 rounds for secondary weapon, and NO ARMOR PIERCING ammunition. Each student must have their own weapons; no sharing of weapons.
- Must be a licensed sworn law enforcement officer/agent with arrest authority in the prevention, detection, apprehension, detention and/or investigation of felony and/or misdemeanor violations of federal, state, local, or military criminal laws.
- Must be able to participate in intensive training lasting up to 10 hours per day.
- Must not have any medical restrictions
Required Training Materials
- Duty gear
- Writing material
- Camelback or other means of hydration
- Appropriate wear (BDU, agency t-shirt (long sleeve or short sleeve), boots, etc.)
**This course is a 60 hour course. All TCOLE hours are reported for credit and a certificate of completion will be provided.