From 08:00 until 17:00
At Southlake DPS Training Facility
100 East Dove Road Southlake, TX 76092
Low Light Concepts
Upon completing our Low-Light Tactics Course, you will be instilled with the knowledge and tactics in the use of a flashlight in all situations ranging from administrative activities to vehicle stops and lethal force engagements. These tactics will increase your chances of surviving and prevailing a deadly force confrontation in diminished lighting conditions.
- Principles of low-light tactics
- How to choose and use the tactical flashlight
- Entry techniques: Solo, pair and 3-man
- Using handheld flashlights in conjunction with firearms
- Entry techniques in reduced light
- Must be a licensed sworn law enforcement officer/agent with arrest authority in the prevention, detection, apprehension, detention and/or investigation of felony and/or misdemeanor violations of federal, state, local, or military criminal laws.
- Must be able to participate in intensive training lasting up to 10 hours per day.
- Must not have any medical restrictions
Required Training Materials
- Duty gear
- Writing material
- Camelback or other means of hydration
- Appropriate wear (BDU, agency t-shirt (long sleeve or short sleeve), boots, etc.)
- Tactical flashlight
- Spare batteries