At Southlake DPS Training Facility
100 East Dove Road Southlake, TX 76092
Low Light - Instructor
- Develop and implement low light training program
- Simulation scenario design and evaluation
- Low light teaching methods
- Departmental liability
- Instructor lesson plan
- Light and the human eye
- Flashlight selection and techniques for use
- Combat breathing
- Must be a licensed sworn law enforcement officer/agent with arrest authority in the prevention, detection, apprehension, detention and/or investigation of felony and/or misdemeanor violations of federal, state, local, or military criminal laws.
- Must be able to participate in intensive training lasting up to 10 hours per day.
- Must not have any medical restrictions
Required Training Materials
- Duty gear
- Writing material
- Camelback or other means of hydration
- Appropriate wear (BDU, agency t-shirt (long sleeve or short sleeve), boots, etc.)
- Tactical flashlight
- Spare batteries
**This course is a 40 hour course. All TCOLE hours are reported for credit and a certificate of completion will be provided.