Active Shooter Response
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to plan, coordinate, and deploy first-responder tactics to an active shooter. Designed to provide the knowledge and skills to successfully handle an active threat event, participants will be able to demonstrate proficiency through hands on training to manage these situations. By utilizing dynamic interactive drills and scenario based training the student will learn a variety of tactical subject matters including but not limited to:
- Basic Tactics
- Active Threat Response Tactics
- Roles and Responsibilities of Responding Officers
- Developing and deploying multiple emergency response teams for multiple shooters
- How to apply self-aid/buddy-aid under stress
- How to safely plan an evacuation for friendlies and injured.
- In-Service Development for Tactics
- Must be a licensed sworn law enforcement officer/agent with arrest authority in the prevention, detection, apprehension, detention and/or investigation of felony and/or misdemeanor violations of federal, state, local, or military criminal laws.
- Must be able to participate in intensive training lasting up to 10 hours per day.
- Must not have any medical restrictions
Required Training Materials
- Duty gear
- Writing material
- Camelback or other means of hydration
- Appropriate wear (BDU, agency t-shirt (long sleeve or short sleeve), boots, etc.)