Low Light Search and Shoot Concepts - Instructor
Topics include light and the human eye, flashlight selection and techniques for use, low-light teaching methods, simulation scenario design and evaluation, departmental liability, combat breathing, instructor and lesson plan development and much more.
All students must have and demonstrate excellent handgun and long gun skills. Previous instructor experience or training is preferred.
- Develop and implement low light training program
- Simulation scenario design and evaluation
- Low light teaching methods
- Departmental liability
- Instructor lesson plan
- Light and the human eye
- Flashlight selection and techniques for use
- Combat breathing
- Must be a licensed sworn law enforcement officer/agent with arrest authority in the prevention, detection, apprehension, detention and/or investigation of felony and/or misdemeanor violations of federal, state, local, or military criminal laws.
- Must be able to participate in intensive training lasting up to 10 hours per day.
- Must not have any medical restrictions
Required Training Materials
- Duty gear
- Writing material
- Camelback or other means of hydration
- Appropriate wear (BDU, agency t-shirt (long sleeve or short sleeve), boots, etc.)
- Tactical flashlight
- Spare batteries
**This course is a 24 hour course. All TCOLE hours are reported for credit and a certificate of completion will be provided.