This course focuses on the attributes of combat pistol and rifle shooting from within and around a vehicle, utilizing live fire drills in the first day of the course and force on force training in the second day. Upon completion of this course, the student will understand and/or be able to demonstrate:
- How to deploy Rifle/Pistol and engage threats from inside and around a vehicle.
- The difference in ballistics vs. a vehicle (i.e. glass, metal, plastic, etc…)
- The difference in cover vs. concealment while in and around a vehicle.
- How to apply proper tactical principles, such as standoff distances and angles, from out and around your vehicle
Required Gear List:
- Carbine with sling
- Pistol with holster
- 400 rds of 5.56
- 300 rds of pistol ammo
- 3 rifle magazines (min.)
- 3 pistol magazines (min.)
- Soft body armor / plate carriers (whatever you are issued)
- Hearing and eye protection
- Some type of hydration device (camelbak, jug of water, etc…)
- Must be a licensed sworn law enforcement officer/agent with arrest authority in the prevention, detection, apprehension, detention and/or investigation of felony and/or misdemeanor violations of federal, state, local, or military criminal laws.
- Must be able to participate in intensive training lasting up to 10 hours per day.
- Must not have any medical restrictions