From 08:00 until 17:00
At Wylie Municipal Complex
300 Country Club Rd. Wylie, TX 75098
Wylie Fire Rescue-Fire Marshal’s Office
Active Shooter Response
Active Shooter Response is designed for the first responder to isolate and neutralize an active shooter and establish a plan to integrate fire and emergency services in an active shooter situation. By utilizing reality/scenario based force on force immersion techniques, participants will learn a variety of tactical subject matters such as establishing an initial command post, team deployment and movements, principles of close quarters battle (CQB), open-air encounters, establishing and deploying a Rescue Task Force (RTF), and managing down officer/civilian situations.
- Must be a licensed sworn law enforcement officer/agent with arrest authority in the prevention, detection, apprehension, detention and/or investigation of felony and/or misdemeanor violations of federal, state, local, or military criminal laws.
- Must be able to participate in intensive training lasting up to 10 hours per day.
- Must not have any medical restrictions
Required Training Materials
- Duty gear
- Writing material
- Camelback or other means of hydration
- Appropriate wear (BDU, agency t-shirt (long sleeve or short sleeve), boots, etc.)
**This course is hosted by the Wylie Fire Rescue-Fire Marshal’s Office. The location is TBD.