From 08:00 until 17:00
At Oxford Police Department Training Facility
715 Molly Barr Rd. Oxford, MS 38655
RBT/Force on Force Instructor
Designed to challenge officers mentally and physically, instructors will learn how to develop and implement a reality-based training (RBT) program utilizing Non-Lethal Training Ammunition (NLTA) for their agency. Together with instruction, the trainer will gain greater conceptual understanding by participating in a variety of reality-based NLTA skill building exercises by active participation as a team member tasked with the development and implementation of group exercises utilizing NLTA.
Through reality based immersion techniques, instructors will participate in and create various force on force scenarios/drills instilling confidence and a deeper level of understanding course development and reality based training. Upon completion the instructor will have been instilled with the proper tools and preparation needed to develop and implement successful reality based training program for their department.
Topics covered are available technologies for force on force training, training model phases, safety guidelines for NLTA training, Use of Force and application role player development, testing protocols, utilization of limited resources, instructional techniques, simulation scenario design and evaluation, safety protocols and procedures, departmental liability, instructor teach-backs, participant led force on force scenarios, course critiques/evaluations, instructor lesson plan development and much more!
Additional Topics Covered
- Develop and implement a RBT training program
- Simulation scenario design and evaluation
- Various teaching methods
- Instructing Force on Force
- Instructor lesson plan
- Departmental liability
- Creating a training model
- Training management
- Time management
- Equipment and resources
- Scenario development and evaluations
- Must be a licensed sworn law enforcement officer/agent with arrest authority in the prevention, detection, apprehension, detention and/or investigation of felony and/or misdemeanor violations of federal, state, local, or military criminal laws.
- Must be able to participate in intensive training lasting up to 10 hours per day.
- Must not have any medical restrictions
Required Training Materials
- Duty gear
- Writing material
- Camelback or other means of hydration
- Appropriate wear (BDU, agency t-shirt (long sleeve or short sleeve), boots, etc.)