Armored Vehicle Operations
Participants attending the Armored Vehicle Operations course will be exposed to tactics used to deploy an armored Tactical Rescue Vehicle (TRV) in a high risk situation and rescues. Officers will learn topics such as deploying your vehicle in high risk situations, proper positioning of your TRV, shooting from gun ports, tactical pulls, and downed rescue drills just to name a few. Through the crawl, walk, run method students will be tested with realistic but challenging live fire drills and force on force scenarios.
- Must be a licensed sworn law enforcement officer/agent with arrest authority in the prevention, detection, apprehension, detention and/or investigation of felony and/or misdemeanor violations of federal, state, local, or military criminal laws.
- Must be able to participate in intensive training lasting up to 10 hours per day.
- Must not have any medical restrictions
Required Training Materials
- Ballistic or bump helmet
- Duty gear/Tac gear
- Rifle ammunition – 300 rounds
- Pistol ammunition – 100 rounds
- Personal PPE for force on force training (face & groin mandatory)
- Writing material
- Camelback or other means of hydration
- Appropriate wear (BDU, agency t-shirt/long sleeve or short sleeve, boots, etc.)