This course is a 60-hour Basic SWAT School and will provide students with the basic understanding of SWAT tactics and procedures. This course will focus on the basic concepts of SWAT operations, to include: History and philosophy, liability issues, operational planning and deployment, team movements, tactical firearms, breaching, diversionary devices, hostage operations, high risk warrant service, and barricaded persons.
All tactical related equipment to include, but not limited to, the following: plate carrier/heavy vest with armor, rifle with sling & at least 3 magazines, pistol with at least 3 magazines, duty belt with holster and magazine pouches, helmet (ballistic or bump) optional, weapon mounted lights (pistol & rifle), 400 rounds rifle – live fire, 300 rounds pistol – live fire, eye & ear protection, training manual (will be emailed prior to class), note taking material, protective gear for force on force training (face/groin protection).
- Current LE / Mil / Gov Credentials
- Must show proficiency in firearms with duty pistol and rifle
- Must be in good physical condition
- Must be able to participate in intensive training lasting up to 12 hours per day
- Must not have any medical restrictions
**There will be NO physical fitness test required